Sunday, February 24, 2008

Big Boy Is 21

Hard to believe that time zips forward, my placid baby a young man. How proud I am of him and how lucky I feel.

It was a good night, we ate and drank way too much...but at least it was more civilised than the night he was born and John and his brothers celebrated Brians birth at Panama Jax. The aforementioned bar/club was down on the Clyde waterfront, the only thing they did not know was that Monday night was gay night.... It is still funny to hear them recount that first moment of realisation.

'We had ordered 3 pints, the barman smiled, seemed like a nice boy. Then as I raised my pint to my lips I saw 2 blokes dancing together, then another 2 kissing...thats the only place we have ever left our pints untouched. When we confronted the doorman on the way out, he said 'you can't tell by looking at a person sir.' That was bad enough...but there were three of us!!'

They then returned to our little home and bizzarely played monopoly drinking beer into the wee small hours.

21 years further home we returned and played Singstar and drank beer into the wee small hours...somethings are constant!

No comments: