Monday, November 12, 2007

The Birthday Party

Marks tenth actually, 10 x 10 year olds , all at the Bowlplex, an interesting set up. 22 lanes of children's parties compared by a manic D.J. music disco games, just the very thing at 10am on a Saturday morning.
Good fun all in all, however 4 guests failed to turn up (the social lives of 10 year olds are not to be underestimated!) leaving one lane of 4 and one of 2 , in my infinite wisdom I filled in for two missing guests. This, on my part, was a severe underestimate of the energy required to heave 4 bowling balls down a lane in quick succession. I enquired if any one would like an extra practice?
'No No Mrs C you are all right!', as they passed me yet another 12lb bowling ball.
by 10.15am I was knackered, and drinking all the barley water under the sun. The DJ had found my future daughter in laws crutches to be a source of general entertainment, much to Marks ire
'Ho! YOU! that's my sister in law!' he warned the rather taken aback DJ. but the ribbing went on By 10.30 I needed the toilet. I indicated with a wide range of hand and arm movements that John should perhaps bowl rather than spend all our money on the fruit machines, and I went to the toilet.
The toilets are large and clean and have the sound system wired through, as I was attending to my toilette, I heard these words,
'We have a special prize for Fiona who is in the toilet at the moment, BUT that's OK because we have speakers in there!'
As I doubled over in utter disbelief, the DJ became most insistent that I 'get a move on' when I exited these facilities, there he was with a bottle of sparkling something for me. Seems I won a prize for doing a unique version of the time walk.

I returned to my bowling torture, it was of course my turn , again. At 12.15 and after bowling approximately 160 12lb bowls I was well and truely knackered....and No I could not beat a ten year old ( I came 5th!)
p.s. Mark had a ball!!

No comments: